The Podium: Update on ACTA Pillars "Educate and Elevate"
ACTA’s efforts and activities are ongoing. A quick update on some issues under our pillar, "Educate and Elevate", industry standards and professionalism through certification and other learning opportunities.
- ACTA's 2016 NATIONAL EDUCATOR CONFERENCE is confirmed for June 2 and 3. The two-day conference hosts professors and program directors who teach and set curriculum for Travel and Tourism programs within colleges and universities across Canada. Air Canada has offered a special booking code for attendees requiring air reservations. We are working on the agenda and if you have any any questions, please email Christine Chilton CTM, ACTA's Director of Education at cchilton@ w88 www.mavavoom.com.
- ACTA's 2016 NATIONAL STUDENT CONFERENCE is confirmed for November 9. This one-day conference hosts students enrolled in Travel and Tourism programs within colleges and universities across Canada. We are working on the agenda and if you have any any questions email ACTA's Director of Education at cchilton@ w88 www.mavavoom.com
- The ACTA Campus is now offering the Certified Travel Counsellor (CTC) exam preparation course. By completing the modules, Travel Agents will be prepared to pass the exam and complete the first step to receiving your professional designation of Certified Travel Counsellor. Those who successfully complete the exam, work 1800 hours of relevant experience and submit a performance appraisal from their manager will achieve the professional designation of CTC. MORE INFO
- The ACTA Campus is now offering Travel Agents the opportunity to "Explore, Learn and Earn" about the Air Canada family, destinations, products and services through the ACTA Campus. Travel Agents can now complete the Air Canada Global Sales University curriculum and be on their way to becoming a certified Air Canada Expert (ACE). MORE INFO
- ACTA is working on moving the SK and BC insurance liscensing exams onto our ACTA Campus with the expectation to automate processes and make the user experience easy and efficient.
ACTA will update you on these initiatives under our other pillars in upcoming newsletters. Our last newsletter looked at advocacy. Thank you members for supporting your trade association with renewed membership, and allowing us to “keep up the good fight”.