A quick update on some highlights under our pillar, "Connect, our members with the information, contacts and programs they need to be more effective". ACTA has been connecting their members on a number of topics. Some of our recent contributions include:
- As an ACTA member you can look forward to receiving your membership welcome package that includes valuable corporate partner information that will help support your bottom line, ACTA membership cards giving you access to our new loyalty program offering ACTA exclusive offers, and details on ACTA resources that are available to you and your employees.
- ACTA Membership Card program was expanded to include memberperks, providing more than 3,000 exclusive perks and benefits from brand names and local vendors. We have connected you to savings for your business and your staff.
- ACTA connects our members by hosting premium networking events throughout Canada. These events welcome the decision makers and influencers throughout our industry in different event formats that include Golf, Travel Agent Day, ACTA Awards, downtown culinary tours, River Cruise, Spa and Travel MarketPlace conference.
- ACTA is actively participating in the IATA FRAUD PREVENTION COMMITTEE attending meetings throughout the year. In addition, ACTA works closely with the ASSOCIATION OF TOUR OPERATORS OF QUEBEC and the CANADIAN ASSOCIATION OF TOUR OPERATORS in fraud prevention discussions and initiatives. ACTA participates in the National Fraud Prevention Month in co-operation with our industry partners, local law enforcement, and merchant providers. National Fraud Prevention Month is intended to educate our members on fraud-related issues and provide guidance on how to "Recognize it. Report it. Stop it." As part of National Fraud Prevention Month, w88ACTA shared tips, promoted webinars and offered seminars on how to protect yourself from fraudsters.
- ACTA connects students and educators of Travel and Tourism programs with ACTA Members and Corporate Partners through classroom presentations and industry conferences while offering future graduates and professors access to ACTA campus education.
- ACTA's new and updated business tools for 2018 include tips and best practices on the topics of Fraud, PCI DSS Compliance, employment of Independent Contractors, and information on selling travel health insurance to Alberta residents.
ACTA will update you on these initiatives under our other pillars in upcoming newsletters. Past newsletters have covered "Advocate", "Educate and Elevate" and "Promote". Thank you members for supporting your trade association with renewed membership, and allowing us to “keep up the good fight”.